Versatile 6 Month Guide Course
Is a career in the tourism industry what you have chosen to do with your life? If you said yes, then you are looking at the right course!
This structured and focused 6-month journey will have you, the learner, immersed into 6 months of structured and focused learning of Apprentice Field Guide (NQF2), Apprentice Trails Guide, and Marine Guide skills courses.
The approach we take to all our career-orientated courses is outcome-based, with the courses focused on coaching and developing the learner with the necessary guiding skills to be competent to enter the guiding industry at an introductory level.
Each week the courses are structured on a specific set of outcomes and subjects which are evaluated at the end of the week. The layout of the courses is carefully adapted according to the necessary development of the learner.
- The Foundation Guide Course (10 Weeks)Includes: Wilderness First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- Apprentice Trails Guide Course (7 Weeks) Includes: Relevant PFTC Unit Standards (Rifle Proficiency), Advanced Rifle Handling, Training and Evaluation of Tracking Skills and 4 weeks mentored walking hours. (Changing to 6 Weeks in January 2022)
- Marine Guide Course (4 Weeks)
***There is a 2-week break between the Apprentice Field and Apprentice Trails Guide courses, and a weekend break between the Apprentice Trails and Marine Guide courses.
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Conservation Fees
- All meals for the duration of the course
- Uniform provided
- All FGASA Fees (assessment, exam, subscription, registration, moderation, manuals, workbooks, logbooks, prescribed literature, and certification) for the duration of the course
- Formal and Practical Tuition for all the subjects
- Conducting necessary FGASA liaison on your behalf, for the duration of your course
No Work Experience
- 10 October 2021 – March 2022 (1 SPACE LEFT)
- 17 January 2022 – July 2022
- 11 April 2022 – 10 September 2022
- 04 July 2022 – 3rd December 2022
- 26 September 2022 – 3rd December 2022
- Return for Trails & Marines January 2023
Please CONTACT US for Rates.
To enquire fill out the Online Enquiry Form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.