Versatile 6 Month Guide Course
Is a career in the tourism industry what you have chosen to do with your life? If you said yes, then you are looking at the right course!
This structured and focused 6-month journey will have you, the learner, immersed into 6 months of structured and focused learning of Apprentice Field Guide (NQF2), Apprentice Trails Guide, and Marine Guide skills courses.
The approach we take to all our career-orientated courses is outcome-based, with the courses focused on coaching and developing the learner with the necessary guiding skills to be competent to enter the guiding industry at an introductory level.
Each week the courses are structured on a specific set of outcomes and subjects which are evaluated at the end of the week. The layout of the courses is carefully adapted according to the necessary development of the learner.
- The Foundation Guide Course (10 Weeks)Includes: Wilderness First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- Apprentice Trails Guide Course (7 Weeks) Includes: Relevant PFTC Unit Standards (Rifle Proficiency), Advanced Rifle Handling, Training and Evaluation of Tracking Skills and 4 weeks mentored walking hours.
- Marine Guide Course (4 Weeks)
***There is a week break between the Apprentice Field and Apprentice Trails Guide courses, and a one-week break between the Apprentice Trails and Marine Guide courses.
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Conservation Fees
- All meals for the duration of the course
- Uniform provided
- All FGASA Fees (assessment, exam, subscription, registration, moderation, manuals, workbooks, logbooks, prescribed literature, and certification) for the duration of the course
- Formal and Practical Tuition for all the subjects
- Conducting necessary FGASA liaison on your behalf, for the duration of your course
No Work Experience
- 11 October 2020 – 20 March 2021: Ulovane Campus Theory
Christmas break 19 December – 03 January 2021
- 10 January – 19 June 2021
- 11 April – 18 September 2021
- 12 July – 18 December 2021
ZAR 189 000
AUSD 18 900
USD 13 000
EU 11 550
UKP 10 400
ZAR 209 790
AUSD 21 000
USD 14 450
EU 12 850
UKP 11 550
***All rates are subject to change
To enquire fill out the Online Enquiry Form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.