Marine Guide 4 Week Course
This 4-week course introduces you, the learner, to the coastal marine environment. The course is designed for learners who have already achieved the Apprentice Field Guide qualification, who wish to now specialise in the Marine Environment. The course is undertaken along the beautiful sunshine coast situated in the Eastern Cape. This is an area rich in marine species diversity and boasts the largest dune fields in South Africa. In addition, it is one of the best whale watching locations in the world. The marine environment is the most important ecosystem on earth and the more you know, the more you will come to understand this.
On completion of the course, the learner will be able to enhance their own guiding portfolio, thus opening a whole new world that links the marine and the terrestrial environment. The course will be facilitated by Marine guiding specialists.
We would like you to be prepared for your course on arrival and will send your books as soon as the deposit is received so that you can start work on your workbooks.
Click on the link below to find out WHY you should do this course:
The course outcomes include:
- Introduction to Marine guiding
- Coastal Marine Environments
- Geology and the coastal environment
- Coastal Weather and Climate
- Marine Ecology
- Marine Taxonomy
- Sea Plants
- Coastal and Marine invertebrates
- Marine Reptiles
- Marine Fish
- Marine Birds
- Marine Mammals
- Marine Animal behavior
- Historical Human Habitation of coastal environments
- Marine Conservation Management
- Coastal walks, exploring the intertidal rock pools, sandy shores, and dune areas
- Snorkeling, under the instruction of qualified Dive instructors.
- Rhodes fisheries department
- Estuarine boat trips
** There are weekly exams which take place every Sunday morning, in which each week’s modules will be covered. These exams ensure that you are on track to write the national FGASA exam at the end of week 4.
The Marine Guide Course will conclude with a practical, theoretical, and interview assessment.
The Marine Guide course will take place at our Beach house campus in Kenton on Sea. What better way to learn about the ocean, than with it right on your doorstep!
- Marine Guide Specialist Skills Program (NQF2)
- Marine Exam
- Marine field excursions onshore and offshore
- Marine Specialist Assessment
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Conservation Fees
- All meals for the duration of the course
- Uniform provided
- All FGASA Fees (assessment, exam, subscription, registration, moderation, manuals, workbooks, logbooks, prescribed literature, and certification) for the duration of the course
- Formal and Practical Tuition for all the subjects
- Conducting necessary FGASA liaison on your behalf, for the duration of your course
- 09 August – 05 September 2020
- 01 November – 28 November 2020
- 21 February – 20 March 2021
- 23 May – 19 June 2021
- 22 August – 18 September 2021
- 21 November – 18 December 2021
ZAR 36 500
AUSD 3 650
USD 2 525
EU 2 235
UKP 2 020
ZAR 40 515
AUSD 4 055
USD 2 790
EU 2 480
UKP 2 230
***All rates are subject to change
To enquire, fill out the Online Enquiry Form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.***All rates are subject to change