Environmental Explorers Experience
If a versatile, practical, and exciting behind-the-scenes experience in nature is what you are after, then you are looking at the right option.
Over a four-week period, immersion into the life of Field, Trails, Marine, and Bird guiding, will allow you to get a real feel for the experiences these careers entail. Find out more about what it takes to become a Safari Guide.
This holistic experience is a perfect balance and blend of learning activities that allow you to sample environmental training in South Africa’s Eastern Cape.
Observe a wide array of wildlife whilst training with local and international students in engrossing field-based activities with expert trainers, in a range of both pristine beach and bush habitats.
With no exams or workbook requirements, this experience is a great choice for anyone who wishes to take a step away from the corporate world, perhaps on a sabbatical, so that you can reconnect, refocus and re-energize in nature.
These four weeks need not be completed in immediate succession. If you wish to stagger the weeks according to your availability, this will be an option for you.
If this is your first experience in Africa and you find you want to learn more about the theory behind the subjects a Field Guide studies, you are able to apply to join one of our online or full-time programs.
Come create and share memories with the friendly Ulovane team on a life-changing experience in Africa!
This experience includes:
- One Week with the Field Guide students focusing on vehicle-based safaris, exploring the beautiful Amakhala Game Reserve.
- A week of track and sign with the Trails Guide students, which will include the opportunity to attempt your Cybertracker evaluation at the end of the week. Walking safaris on Amakhala Game Reserve is an exciting portion of this week.
- A week of Birding with some of the top bird guides in South Africa, focusing on identification, sounds, and different birding hotspots in the Eastern Cape
- One week of magic with the Marine Guide students at our beach campus, exploring the sunshine coast
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Conservation Fees
- Cyber tracking Evaluation
- All meals for the duration of the course
- Basic Uniform provided
- 31 October – 27 November 2021 (Still spots available!)
- 2022 Rates coming soon!
Please CONTACT US for Rates.
To enquire, please complete the Online Enquiry Form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.