Essential 16 Week Guide Course Information
To enquire fill out the Online Enquiry Form and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Essential 16 Week Guide Course
The Essential Guide Course has been developed to suit the needs of anyone who has a desire to work in the tourism industry either as an Apprentice Field or Apprentice Trails Guide.
Over a period of 16 weeks, you, the learner, will be immersed in the structured and focused learning of the knowledge and skills required to enter the guiding industry as an Apprentice Field Guide (NQF2) and an Apprentice Trails Guide.
The approach we take to all our career-orientated courses is outcome-based, with the courses focused on coaching and developing the learner with the necessary guiding skills to be competent to enter the guiding industry at an introductory level.
Each week of the courses is structured on a specific set of outcomes and subjects which are evaluated at the end of the
week. The layout of the courses is carefully adapted according to the necessary development of the learner.
The Ulovane team believes that empowering you with the knowledge above and beyond the Field Guide syllabus, gives you the added confidence necessary to enter the guiding industry. The Apprentice Trails Guide qualification is designed for the individual who is exceptionally tuned into nature, with above-average alertness in the bush.
Being a Trails Guide who conducts walking safaris must not be taken lightly. It is important that you understand the level of maturity and responsibility that comes with the job title. Dealing with upset and dangerous African animals, while being responsible for an inexperienced group of people is not for the faint-hearted.
Share this course with someone
- Includes: Wilderness First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- Includes: Relevant PFTC Unit Standards (Rifle Proficiency), Advanced Rifle Handling, Training and Evaluation of Tracking Skills and 4 weeks of mentored walking hours.
***There is a 2-week break between the Apprentice Field and Apprentice Trails Guide courses.
Tap to read more or share
- 03 October – 10 December and Return in January 2023 for Trails
- 2023 Rates and Dates – COMING SOON
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Conservation Fees
- All meals for the duration of the course
- Uniform provided
- All FGASA (assessment, exam, subscription, registration, moderation, manuals, workbooks, logbooks, prescribed literature, and certification) for the duration of the course
- Formal and Practical Tuition for all subjects
- Conducting necessary FGASA liason on your behalf, for the duration of your course