10 Week Online Nature Enthusiast Certificate
This online FGASA accredited course is operated through the Ulovane E-Learning Portal.
If you are passionate about the natural environment and have a hunger to learn more about all it encompasses, then this learning experience is for you! Learn what it takes to become an African Safari Guide. This course could be the first step towards a complete lifestyle change, it will open your eyes to a whole new perspective of the world. Take a leap of faith and follow your passion, you never know where it could lead you.
This structured 10-week online course focuses on developing your theoretical guiding knowledge and understanding of the African landscapes and associated plants and wildlife. The Nature Enthusiast course covers all the components and subjects that an Apprentice Field Guide in Africa needs to master. Each week focuses on lectures and workbook assignments for specific subjects which are evaluated at the end of each week. Workbook assignments need to be completed for grading weekly and each weekend there will be written exams to evaluate your understanding of the week’s subjects.
The following subjects will be covered during the Online Nature Enthusiast course:
- Animal Behaviour
- Historical Human Habitation
- Conservation Management
These workbook assignment submissions and weekly exams will ensure that you are on track to write the FGASA Nature Enthusiast Exam at the end of the course. As a guideline, to successfully complete this structured 10-week online program, participants must have approximately 2 hours a day or 14 hours a week available to focus on this certificate.
In the final week of your 10-week online course, you will have time to prepare for the FGASA Nature Enthusiast Certificate exam. Passing this exam will be your admission and ticket to join the Ulovane 5-Week (35 Days) Onsite Practical Training Course, at our campus based on Amakhala Game Reserve. This 5-Week Onsite Practical Training Course will guide you through your FGASA practical workbook assignments along with the Ulovane Thicket workbook and prepare you for your practical assessment as well as your final FGASA Apprentice Field Guide exam in order to obtain your accredited guiding qualification.
Included in this certificate:
- All FGASA fees including:
- Exam fees
- Annual Subscription fees
- Registration fees
- Digital manual and workbook
- Online Nature Enthusiast FGASA Certification
- Online support and interaction on the Ulovane e-learning platform, including:
- Prepared lecture presentations
- Weekly webinars
- Exam preparation
- Weekly Exams
- Interaction with other students and trainers on the platform.
Your Options once you have completed the 10 Week Online Nature Enthusiast Certificate:
- This Nature Enthusiast Certificate will be your admission and ticket to join the Ulovane 5 Week (35 Days) Onsite Practical Training Course, at our campus based on Amakhala Game Reserve, to pursue your FGASA Apprentice Field Guide Qualification. This 5 Week Onsite Practical Training Course will guide you through your FGASA practical workbook assignments and prepare you for your practical assessment as well as your final FGASA Apprentice Field Guide exam in order to obtain your accredited guiding qualification.
- Alternatively, after successfully completing your Nature Enthusiast Certificate and you have the desire to practical experience and apply the theory you have discovered, but you are not interested in the pressure of completing your guiding qualification, then you have the option of joining the Ulovane 4 week Environmental Explorer Experience which is a fantastic practical extension to your Nature Enthusiast certificate!
- 22 February – 02 May 2021
- 24 May – 01 August 2021
- 23 August – 31 October 2021
- 01 November – date to be confirmed
“Africa changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same. But how do you begin to describe its magic to someone who has never felt it? How can you explain the fascination of this vast, dusty continent, whose oldest roads are elephant paths? Could it be because Africa is the place of all our beginnings, the cradle of mankind, where our species first stood upright on the savannahs of long ago?” –Brian Jackman
Please CONTACT US for Rates.
To apply, download the Application Form, or fill out the Online Application Form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.