- Our permanent staff are highly qualified trainers who are here to encourage and support you throughout your time with us. Every one of our trainers are FGASA assessors, which is of huge benefit to you the learner, as the same trainer is with you for the duration of your course. Sharing knowledge and skills with you that they have gained over the years, of guiding and training, is done with passion and dedication.
- Click here to find out more about our trainer’s qualifications and experience.
- Our team’s flexibility and interest according to personal development and career path are what sets us apart because we take a personal interest in each individual student. We are here to assist you in achieving your goals and becoming successful in your life.
- We are very proud of our training facility on the 350 hectare Ulovane Reserve in the heart of the Eastern Cape. We believe it is one of the leading training facilities in South Africa. Ulovane campus offers our students a comfortable lodge-like environment to ensure the students are in the perfect environment to concentrate on their studies. Our camp is green; we not only preach the concept of energy-saving, but we truly live it and make everyone aware that we must change our lifestyle to save our beautiful planet.
- Our campus is in a remote area and access to outsiders is limited. Our small groups and big campus allows you to be able to enjoy your own spaces.
- We do not move from property to property during our courses, but rather remain operating on Amakhala Game reserve so that the learner has sufficient time to learn the reserve inside out. This ensures that when it comes to assessment time, the students know the reserve and have the confidence to provide an exceptional guided experience to their guests.
- Due to the diversity of courses on offer at Ulovane, once you start with us, you are provided with opportunities to gain qualifications that suit your interests.
- We believe that to become a successful guide one needs to be a successful leader and therefore focus on developing personal traits needed to develop leaders. Punctuality, responsibility, accountability, forward planning, and taking control of situations are some of the key areas that we focus on which will ensure you become successful in life, no matter what you decide to do afterward.
- Our unique Assessment Process is designed to give you the best opportunities to be fully competent in all the aspects of guiding. We are one of the few, if not the only training provider that gives the opportunity to the students to have real guests for their game drive assessments.
- Amakhala Game Reserve and surroundings provide the students with extensive exposure and experience with the big 5 as well as Cheetah, ensuring a diverse experience.
- Once you begin your career in the Ecotourism industry, we will continue to be of support, as once you embark on your journey with us, you forever remain part of the Ulovane family.
Ulovane Environmental Training is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. The safety and well-being of our students and staff are paramount, and we are taking proactive steps to ensure that the Campus is compliant with all COVID 19 regulations. Our campus is isolated and we are able to control access to our campus with ease.
How do I know if the Ulovane Experience is for me?
- You have a passion for learning more about our environment and wildlife and are serious about a career within the Lodge and hospitality industry
- You are looking for a change in your lifestyle, it is never too late to live the life you have always imagined
- You may not specifically want a career as a guide, but want to learn more about the environment, conservation, wildlife, and people.
- You are enthusiastic about saving our planet and being a conservationist
- You are over 18
- These courses require your dedication and hard work – what you put in, is what you get out!