CONNECT ONLINE & ONSITE 15 Week GUIDE COURSE
The Connect Online & Onsite 15 week Apprentice Field Guide course creates a unique opportunity to develop your Career Orientated qualification with more flexible hours by conducting your theoretical training at home followed by concentrated and focused practical training at our Ulovane campus to prepare you for your final practical and theoretical evaluations.
This option to achieve your FGASA Apprentice Field Guide qualification consists of a structured 10-week online theory module (which is hosted on our Ulovane E-learning system) followed by a 5-week practical training and evaluations module at Ulovane campus on Amakhala Game Reserve.
The first part of this qualification consists of a 10-week online course focusing on equipping you with the theory competence of the FGASA Apprentice Field Guide qualification.
Each week focuses on a specific set of subjects which will include prepared tutorials, assignments, a webinar session with one of our dedicated trainers to revise what has been covered during the week, and to assist with questions and queries.
The Connect Online & Onsite 15-week Apprentice Field Guide course is a great choice for those of you who cannot afford to break away for more than two months to follow the full-time Apprentice Field Guide course due to personal responsibilities, but who still want to receive the best training to obtain your guiding qualification. This choice of obtaining your guiding qualification will require self-discipline and self-motivation to study and work independently.
You will have to be able to organize your time daily to ensure a minimum of two hours per day to spend on the online platform during the first 10-week online module.
The Ulovane team fully believes, that by having your workbooks and theoretical research completed before joining us for your onsite training you will have an incredible advantage and you will still have the opportunity to interact with your fellow students and our experienced trainers who will be with you every step of the way.
PLEASE CONTACT US SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!
The following subjects will be covered during the Connect Online & Onsite 15-week course:
- Guiding Skills
- Creating a Guided Experience
- Grasses and Trees
- Animal Behaviour
- Historical Human Habitation
- Conservation Management
In addition to the FGASA Apprentice Field Guide curriculum Ulovane added the following modules to enhance the guiding skills of our learners and to prepare them thoroughly for the ecotourism industry:
- Vehicle skills and 4X4 Driving skills
- Tracking skills
- Wilderness First Aid Level 2 – Presented by Doug Lang from Medwise Safety
- Wild Flowers
- Hospitality skills
- Presentation and Interpretive skills
- Photographic skills
The above subjects will be covered during onsite training.
Unique to Ulovane, you will host real visiting guests to the Reserve during your final practical game drive assessments. This gives you a real opportunity to make use of your newly gained knowledge and skills which are difficult to simulate with peers. A wonderful opportunity and experience to create real guided experiences for real guests.
- Apprentice Field Guide Skills Program (NQF2)
- Wilderness Level Two First Aid Certificate
- Online support and interaction on the Ulovane e-learning platform including:
- Prepared lecture presentations
- Quizzes and exams
- Interaction with other students and trainers on the E-Learning platform
- Accommodation for the duration of the 5-week onsite training
- Conservation Fees
- All meals for the duration of the 5-week onsite training
- Uniform provided during your practical component
- All FGASA Fees including practical assessment, exam, annual subscription, registration, moderation, manuals, workbooks, logbooks, prescribed literature and certification for the duration of the course
- Formal and Practical Tuition for all the subjects
- Organising all your Necessary FGASA liaison on your behalf, for the duration of your course
• 24 August – 01 November 2020 Theory Component
• 15 November – 19 December 2020 Practical Component at Ulovane Campus
• 02 November 2020 – 31 January 2021 Theory Component
• 14 February – 20 March 2021 Practical Component at Ulovane Campus
• 22 February – 02 May 2021 Theory Component
• 16 May – 19 June 2021 Practical Component at Ulovane Campus
• 24 May – 01 August 2021 Theory Component
• 15 August – 18 September 2021 Practical Component at Ulovane Campus
• 23 August – 31 October 2021 Theory Component
• 14 November – 18 December 2021 Practical Component at Ulovane Campus
ZAR 54 000
AUSD 5 400
USD 3 750
EU 3 300
UKP 2 975
ZAR 59 940
AUSD 6 000
USD 4 130
EU 3 670
UKP 3 300
***All rates are subject to change
To enquire fill out the Online Enquiry Form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.