Comprehensive 1 Year Guide Course
This option is one of the most beneficial and applicable choices to make for the individual who has chosen a future career in the tourism and guiding industry. You, the learner, will be immersed into 6 months of structured and focused learning of Apprentice Field Guide (NQF2), Apprentice Trails Guide, and Marine Guide skills courses. The courses are focused on coaching and developing the learner with the necessary guiding skills to be competent to enter the guiding industry at an introductory level. Upon successful completion of all three skills courses, Ulovane assists in the placement of the learner into the guiding industry for 6-months practical work experience. This opportunity provides a significant advantage to your career, allowing you to learn from mentors who have been in the workplace for many years. Making mistakes, finding your own personal guiding style, and learning from experienced leaders will allow you to practically apply all you have learned at Ulovane.
- The Foundation Guide Course (10 Weeks)Includes: Wilderness First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- Apprentice Trails Guide Course (7 Weeks) Includes: Relevant PFTC Unit Standards (Rifle Proficiency), Advanced Rifle Handling, Training and Evaluation of Tracking Skills and 4 weeks mentored walking hours.
- Marine Guide Course (4 Weeks)
- * 6 Months Work Experience
* Click on the links for more in-depth information on each course.
* Subject to terms and conditions
***There is a week break between the Apprentice Field and Apprentice Trails Guide courses, and a one-week break between the Apprentice Trails and Marine Guide courses.
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Conservation Fees
- All meals for the duration of the course
- Uniform provided
- All FGASA Fees (assessment, exam, subscription, registration, moderation, manuals, workbooks, logbooks, prescribed literature, and certification) for the duration of the course
- Formal and Practical Tuition for all the subjects
- Arranging Work Experience Placement for you
- Conducting necessary FGASA liaison on your behalf, for the duration of your course
- 10 January – 19 June 2021: Ulovane Campus Theory
01 July for 6 months lodge practical
- 11 April – 18 September 2021: Ulovane Campus Theory
01 October 2021 for 6 months lodge practical
- 12 July – 18 December 2021: Ulovane Campus Theory
01 January 2022 for 6 months practical
Please CONTACT US for Rates.
To enquire fill out the Online Enquiry Form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.