Highly qualified trainers
1. Our permanent staff are here to encourage and support you throughout your time with us. Every one of our trainers are FGASA assessors, which is of huge benefit to you the learner, as the same trainer is with you for the duration of your course. Sharing knowledge and skills with you that they have gained over the years, of guiding and training, is done with passion and dedication. Click here to find out more about our trainer’s qualifications and experience.
2. Our team’s flexibility and interest according to personal development and career path are what sets us apart because we take a personal interest in each individual student. We are here to assist you in achieving your goals and becoming successful in your life. We believe that to become a successful guide one needs to be a successful leader and therefore focus on developing personal traits needed to develop leaders. Punctuality, responsibility, accountability, forward planning, and taking control of situations are some of the key areas that we focus on which will ensure you become successful in life, no matter what you decide to do afterward.
Incredible Training Facility
3. We are very proud of our training facility on the 350 hectares Ulovane Reserve in the heart of the Eastern Cape. We believe it is one of the leading training facilities in South Africa. Ulovane campus offers our students a comfortable lodge-like environment to ensure the students are in the perfect environment to concentrate on their studies. Our camp is green; we not only preach the concept of energy-saving, but we truly live it and make everyone aware that we must change our lifestyle to save our beautiful planet. Our campus is in a remote area and access to outsiders is limited. Our small groups and big campus allow you to be able to enjoy your own space, go for a run on Ulovane reserve, enjoy quiet times in the hammock, or do some birding at the dam. Having our own property makes for a peaceful haven that allows you to explore safely!
Amakhala Game Reserve
4. We do not move from property to property during our courses, but rather remain operating on the Amakhala Game reserve so that the learner has sufficient time to learn the reserve inside out. This ensures that when it comes to assessment time, the students know the reserve and have the confidence to provide an exceptional guided experience to their guests. Amakhala Game Reserve and surroundings provide the students with extensive exposure and experience with the big 5 as well as Cheetah, ensuring a diverse experience. You have the opportunity to work with guides on the reserve, as well as the conservation team.
Diversity of Courses
5. Due to the diversity of courses on offer at Ulovane, once you start with us, you are provided with opportunities to gain qualifications that suit your interests. We are one of ONLY two training providers that offer a 4 Week Marine Guide course. Our courses on offer add to your employment value, once you are qualified through us.
Unique Assessment Process
6. Our unique Assessment Process is designed to give you the best opportunities to be fully competent in all the aspects of guiding. We are one of the few, if not the only training provider that gives the opportunity to the students to have real guests for their game drive assessments.
7. Once you begin your career in the Ecotourism industry, we will continue to be of support, as once you embark on your journey with us, you forever remain part of the Ulovane family.
Owner Run and Managed – A family affair
8. Ulovane is our life, Schalk, Candice, and in fact their whole family are involved with the learners, training, campus life, reservations, and operations on a daily basis. We love what we do and are passionate about being involved in our student’s lives. Watching them grow and become successful in life is an honor and a privilege for us. We love the fact that we are able to change people’s lives, they inspire us to do better and be better.