FGASA 7 Day Cybertracker course at Ulovane
During this exciting 7-day Cybertracker Tracking course you will be trained and assessed (optional) by some of the country’s best trackers in the Eastern Cape, an area which boasts six of the nine biomes found in South Africa!
Tracking may well be one of the oldest sciences, having progressed with the evolution of modern hunter-gatherers. According to Louis Liebenberg (founder of Cybertracker): “Scientific reasoning may, therefore, be an innate ability of the human mind”.
The CyberTracker Tracker Certification enables trackers to secure employment in ecotourism, as rangers in anti-poaching units, in wildlife monitoring and scientific research. Tracker certification has since 1994 resulted in increasing levels of tracking skills in Africa, USA and Europe, thereby reviving tracking as a modern profession. As an existing guide, improving your tracking skills will enhance your overall awareness skills and you will notice and find interesting interpretations and stories for your guests which the average guide will simply just drive past.
The art of tracking is an essential skill for any guide who is aspiring to become a Trails Guide offering guided experiences on foot in areas where dangerous animals occur. So much so that one of the specific outcomes to obtain the FGASA Trails Guide qualification is that the guide has to have a tracking qualification.
This course is for anyone who has a love and passion for nature and who wants to improve his / her tracking skills. You do not need to be an existing guide to do this course. We will focus on the basic principles of tracking – observing, identifying and interpreting tracks and signs in the bush. We will also practice the art of trailing and finding an animal, which is great fun! At the end of your training week; there is an option to be practically assessed.
- Tracking Specialist Guide Skills Program (Cybertracker)
- Principles of tracking
- Observing signs in nature
- Identifying signs in the veld
- Interpreting signs
- Systematic tracking (following a spoor)
- Final practical assessment
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- All Meals for the duration of the course
- All FGASA Fees (assessment, moderation, manuals, prescribed literature, and certification) for the duration of the course
- Formal and Practical Tuition
- An independent fully qualified Cybertracker trainer and assessor
- Organising all your FGASA liaison for you
- 14 – 20 May 2019 Full
- 13 – 19 August 2019
- 5 – 11 November 2019
- 17 February – 23 February 2020
- 11 May – 17 May 2020
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR RATES**
To apply, download the Application Form, or fill out the Online Application Form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.