This 10 Week Field Guide course is the foundation of our Career Focus courses.
This 10-week course focuses on coaching and developing you the learner with the necessary guiding skills to be competent to enter the guiding industry at an introductory level. Each week focuses on a specific set of outcomes and subjects which are evaluated at the end of each week.
Our approach to this 10 week FGASA Field Guide section is outcome based and focuses on practical and interpretive guiding skills. The Ulovane team believes, that by empowering you with knowledge above and beyond the field guide syllabus it gives you the learner the added confidence necessary to enter the guiding industry.
The following subjects will be covered during the FGASA Field Guide, 10-week section:
- An Introduction to the eco-tourism industry
- Creating a Guided experience
- Field Guiding as a career
- Grasses and Trees
- Animal Behaviour
- Historical Human Habitation
- Conservation Management
In addition to the FGASA Field Guide curriculum Ulovane added the following subjects to enhance the guiding skills of our learners and to prepare them thoroughly for the eco-tourism industry:
Vehicle skills and 4X4 Driving skills
Wilderness First Aid Level 2 – Presented by Doug Lang from Medwise Safety
The learners will host real guests visiting the Reserve during their preparation and final practical game drive assessments. This gives the learners a real opportunity to make use of their newly gained knowledge and skills which are difficult to simulate with their peers.
The final two Weeks of the FGASA Field Guide course includes a final practical, theoretical and interview assessment.
- Field Guide Skills Program (NQF2)
- Wilderness Level Two First Aid Certificate
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Conservation Fees
- All Meals for the duration of the course
- Uniform Provided
- All FGASA Fees (assessment, exam, subscription, registration, moderation, manuals, workbooks, logbooks, prescribed literature, and certification) for the duration of the course
- Formal and Practical Tuition for all the subjects
- Organising all your FGASA liaison for you
- 15 January – 25 March 2018 *FULL*
- 09 April – 17 June 2018
- 09 July – 16 September 2018
- 01 October – 09 December 2018
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR RATES**
To apply, download the Application Form, or fill out the Online Application Form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.